Carers Support Policy
If you identify yourself as a carer, our staff will try to offer you:
- Telephone appointments if caring responsibilities mean you cannot leave the person you care for at home or bring them with you to the surgery.
- Flexibility on appointment times where possible.
- An annual health check and a flu jab.
- Referral to our in-house well-being team for advice on the following:
- Information about local carers support services which may be able to arrange transport and/or sitting services to help you leave home to attend surgery.
- Information about your right to a Carers’ Assessment of your own needs as a carer.
- Discussing with you what you would like us to do in the event of you or the person you care for having a medical or other emergency.
- In some cases caring roles are full time and very demanding. We would like to support you in your caring role where we can.
- Caring should not be at the expense of your own health and wellbeing. Please tell us how your caring role is affecting you and if you have any support needs.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.