If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel you need to complete the form below and return it to the surgery. This will include which countries and areas within countries that you are visiting to determine what vaccinations are required.
It is important to complete this form at least 6 weeks before you travel as an appointment may be required with the practice nurse to receive vaccinations. These vaccines have to be ordered as they are not a stock vaccine. Your appointment, if one is required for vaccinations, needs to be at least 2 weeks before you travel to allow the vaccines to work.
Some travel vaccines are ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge. This is because not all travel vaccinations are included in the services provided by the NHS. Ryeland Surgery no longer provide private vaccinations including Yellow Fever. You will need to attend a private travel clinic should you need such vaccines.
Travel Vaccination procedure for Ryeland Surgery
- Please fill in the surgery travel questionnaire.
- A form is required for each person travelling.
- Give the medical staff 7 days to action your forms.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to contact the surgery to see if you need a travel appointment.
- The nurse will have looked through your medical records and actioned your forms and decided which vaccines you will require if any.
- First Travel appointment takes 30 minutes and the nurse will discuss with you your travel plans and what vaccines are required.
- Some travel vaccines are ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge. This is because not all travel vaccinations are included in the services provided by the NHS.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.